"Trust is earned. I can't just magically hand it over." - PJ to her whitelighter.
Prudence Johanna "PJ" Halliwell is the firstborn daughter and third child of the next Generation of Charmed witches as well as the firstborn daughter of Charmed One; Phoebe Halliwell and Coop, the cupid. She is the oldest sister of Parker and Peyton Halliwell and the oldest niece of Prue Trudeau, Piper Halliwell and Paige Matthews.
PJ is a decedent of the Warren family line of witches dating back to Melinda Warren of the 16th Century.
In 2005, during the battle against the Avatars, Phoebe was given a premonition by Kyra, the seer, and in the vision she saw herself going to a school to pick up Wyatt, Chris and a little girl, her little girl. Since having the vision, Phoebe has had multiple other visions of her little girl.
In 2006, Phoebe was desperate to have her little girl, so much so that she considered finding a donor as well as marrying Dex Lawson, and had soon lost faith in love, as well as having her little girl, it was then that she had another vision of two little girls, and also saw herself talking to one of the little girls. Phoebe spoke to her future self, telling her not to give up on love and that she would have her daughter. She again managed to meet her daughter through a spell created by Billie and Christy that made her even more determined to have her little girl. During the final battle Phoebe discovered through Wyatt and Chris, that the Elders had sent Coop down to her for her to fall in love with.
Early Life Edit
PJ Halliwell, named after her Grams, was born on April 22, 2007 to Warren witch and Charmed One; Phoebe Halliwell and Coop the cupid, who was now going by the name Coop Halliwell, at San Francisco Memorial Hospital. After being brought home from the hospital her cousins Wyatt and Chris, both adored her especially with her being the only female born of the next generation so far and within ten days of her birth she became the older cousin of her Aunt Paige's son; Henry "Hal" Mitchell Junior. After Hal was born Paige and Phoebe had a joint Wiccaning to celebrate the new Warren witches and blessed them by their Ancestors.
PJ is a perfect mix of both of her parents, though she dramatically changed her style after her parents died.
- Hair: PJ has long waist length dark brown hair which she seems to prefer to wear down and straight, though during parties she tends to curl her hair. After her parents died, she made a huge change to her hair as she cuts it and adds red streaks through stylish new waves as a statement though she always wears it up to go to bed or when she has been doing some type of sport.
- Appearance: In terms of appearance, PJ is a very beautiful and attractive young woman with an oval face, light olive complexion and almond shaped eyes which are sometimes described as doe eyes, all of which she inherited from her mother. She is tall at 5'6" though the smallest of her sisters, with a slim, slightly athletic physique PJ is also looking into getting a couple of tattoos though is yet to get them.
- Wardrobe: PJ has a fairly casual, sporty and "girl next door" look to her unless forced to dress up the part, tending to favor dark jeans with t-shirts of various colors and converse sneakers. Though since the death of her parents, she has become slightly more sophisticated in her looks changing to dresses and boots or even going with the skinny jeans, leather jackets and blouses combo with her ever faithful leather jacket as well as wearing more jewelry though she always wears her Wicca Charm bracelet and a cupid necklace given to her by both her parents.
PJ is described as a star student. She is popular, sporty, smart, compassionate, caring and friendly yet she can also be a bit selfish and pry into other people's lives such as her sister; Parker. Like her mother, she has a love for writing though a love of science soon takes over also like her mother, PJ believes in family, honor and loyalty, and has shown to be calm and composed through prone to anxiety and panic. After the death of her parents, she pulls in on herself though lets go when with her family or Luke, with them being the only people she feels safe being herself with.
However since the death of her parents she has become stronger and often shows a tender side to herself yet still dedicated to her family as well as being slightly judgmental though like most of her family, firmly believes in the concepts of family, honor, loyalty and community with her willing to get involved in anything. PJ is brave and self-sacrificing, though much of her willingness to save others seems to come from the fact that she's is a big sister, and loves her family. She has a strong back bone and never displays a sense of inferiority. She tends to be blunt and honest, as well as fiery and strong-willed.
Being the oldest of her sisters, PJ has a heightened sense of responsibility and protectiveness over them and all her close friends and family members. She also has a bossy streak in her, that she often portrays when around her younger sisters or cousins. Despite most of her personality, PJ is very much similar her Aunt Piper which includes her love of cooking, her mix of potions and has also inherited the Halliwell stubbornness as well as the sarcasm, and protective nature. She also spends a lot of her time guiding her sisters and spending time with and helping her best friend and cousin; Hal.
Powers and Abilities Edit
Active Powers Edit
- Molecular Immobilization: The ability to slow down molecules to the point that they freeze. Though not her first ability, this is PJ's most powerful ability with some believing that she could potentially be as if not more powerful than her Aunt Piper. PJ channels her power with her hands, like her Aunt and is able to freeze entire rooms, even once freezing a street party though she was exhausted afterwards.
- Molecular Combustion: The ability to speed up molecules to the point that they explode. Similar to her immobilization, PJ channels this ability through her hands and is one of her more used abilities, though since her mother died she is struggling with controlling the ability even hurting Hal by accident. Despite this, PJ quickly learned how to control the ability and feels it is the best in her arsenal.
- Molecular Manipulation: The ability to manipulate matter on a molecular level. Although not as strong as her Immobilization or her combustion, PJ tends to struggle with this ability and struggles to maintain it for an extend level of time. PJ learns more about the ability with her cousins, however in the future she is able to use it to make it appear she has super speed when in fact she is using astral projection to speed up her astral molecules and slowing down everything else around her giving it the appearance of super speed.
- Cyrokinesis: The ability to generate and manipulate ice and cold. Like with her other abilities, PJ channels this ability through her hands and despite her manipulation powers, is her least used ability with her leaving the ice shows to her cousin Kat, who has been the one to teach PJ to control and use the ability. Due to this she is no where near as powerful as Kat however she does tend to make more icicle weapons to fight with than using the ability as a weapon.
Cupid Powers Edit
- Empathy: The ability to feel, sense and understand other people's feelings and emotions. Out of all of her abilities, this is the one ability that PJ has always struggled with, as the ability nearly always overwhelm her to the point of causing her pain, and had once asked her parents to bind the ability. Despite learning more to control the ability her empathy still causes her pain whenever she is stressed.
- Beaming: The ability to teleport oneself from one place to another with the use of hearts. This was the first ability that PJ ever had access to and she has even managed to remote orb others as well as herself. She has had the ability since she was one year old which caused a lot of problems for her parents especially as she had no control for a very long time.
- Sensing: The ability to locate charges as well as the family. Due to being part-cupid, PJ is able to sense people, although like with her cloaking it is not her best ability yet she can sense her most of her family members, however she can't seem to sense Parker or Chris.
- Cloaking: The ability to hide yourself or someone magically from others. Due to being part-cupid, PJ has the ability to cloak herself, although her cloaking abilities are not her best with her often struggling to hide herself especially from her family however she has enough power to hide herself from demons.
- Glamouring: The ability to change one's appearance into the form of another. Due to being part-cupid, PJ has the ability to glamour her appearance, and surprisingly she is fairly good at glamouring herself often taking advantage of the ability with her having been taught everything by her Aunt Paige.
Basic Powers Edit
- Spell Casting: The ability to cast spells and perform rituals.
- Potion Making: The ability to brew potions.
- Scrying: The ability to locate another person or object via a crystal and a map.
- Mediumship: The ability to see and commune with spirits of the dead.
Other Powers Edit
- Power of Three: The collective power of the Charmed Ones that enhances their powers.
- High Resistance: The ability to be more resilient to powers that could be potentially lethal.
- Advanced Combat: As the Child of a Charmed One, PJ has been trained to fight by her mother Phoebe, her Uncle Henry and her Uncle Charlie.
- Temporary Powers: As a witch and child of a Charmed One, PJ has temporarily been able to use abilities not belonging to them, due to either a spell or a transformation.
Professional Life Edit
- School Student: PJ was a student at Washington High school, and has shown to be fairly academic with her managing to maintain straight As, and shudders at the thought of getting anything less than an A, and is seen as being an all rounded student. She is part of the schools track and field team as well as the debate team and also a cheerleader. With PJ's impressive grades, her teachers had considered moving her up a grade through she refused not wanting to be parted from Hal, and had managed to become high school valedictorian at her school. PJ was also in a creative writing class.
- College Student: Following in Wyatt's footsteps, PJ went to university in order to study medicine, with her wanting to be a doctor like Wyatt and Leo. Having gained entrance to Stanford University with a great essay, and a partial academic scholarship, and is also working on getting a second degree in literature with her originally wanting to become a writer before she found her love for writing. Like with her time in high school, PJ has continued to maintain high grades, however has quit her cheerleading.
Logan is PJ's boyfriend and the love of her life as said by PJ's baby sister, Peyton. Having grown up around him due to his friendship with her older cousin Wyatt Halliwell, the pair have always had a bit of a weird relationship with Logan being one of the few people to call her "Prudence", and the two have always found themselves fighting more than they were being civil with one another especially in PJ's younger years, and mostly right up until she was fifteen, with PJ having tried to slap Logan during a Halloween party, a year previous. However while she was fifteen, Logan having finally realised his feelings for PJ, tried to break up her relationship with her whitelighter, and while on a demon hunt the pair finally had their first kiss, and later began a relationship.
The relationship started off with a blast with the pair being unable to stay away from one another much to the irritation of Wyatt and Hal, and Logan tried to be a better for her. Despite the relationship the pair did fight a lot with the half-manticore struggling a lot with his humanity and often having dark flashes in which he would take his anger out mostly on PJ and his brother Tyler, though PJ stayed loyal to him, and the two later reconciled. It has been noted by Peyton that Logan and PJ belong with one another and that they had had many past lives with one another starting with a previous Halliwell witch; Sophie Warren, whom had fallen to evil for her love of Logan's past life. Yet the pair love one another more than anything and are willing to go the distance with one another with PJ having confirmed this with a trip to the future were she saw herself with Logan and their daughter; Phoebe.
Hal is PJ's cousin, and have always been raised together and as best friends especially due to the sixteen day difference between the two. After the Charmed Ones were killed, they stuck even closer with one another, and were even closer during supernatural activities with the pair working had to keep each other and their loved ones safe. Although they were sometimes led apart, they still retained their closeness bordering on sibling hood with the pair willing to risk almost anything to save one another with a bond that no one could break.
The pair share a lot of similarities other than being in the same grade and age especially after the deaths; with both their mothers being dead, as well as being the older sibling of two younger sisters and are now even in the same class in school, in which PJ helps to tutor the younger. Though that doesn't mean that Hal and PJ don't fight with them both disagreeing on the ways of getting through to PJ's sister; Parker, as well as PJ's over-protectiveness for him while at school while Hal was being bullied.
Parker is PJ's little sister. In the beginning PJ and Parker were extremely close with one another with them sharing a room and being the only half witch half cupid's in the world. The pair used to do everything together and even inherited their bigger abilities at the same time. They had a healthy dose of sibling rivalry between them especially when it came to their witch skills.
However over time things began to become strained between the pair with Parker having a lot of insecurities about being as good a witch as PJ. Things seemed to get worse when their parents were killed causing Parker to go into a slight depression. On meeting their Aunt Prue, she says that their relationship is the same as Phoebe and hers was, and although the pair fight, they are still sisters, and always have one another's back with PJ willing to give up everything and anything in order to protect her sisters. Though PJ does wish that she had more of a chance to know her little sister, and who Parker will be.
Peyton is PJ's baby sister. Despite the near five year difference between the two, PJ and Peyton are very close, some saying that they are closer with one another than they are with their other sister, with Peyton often playing the role of middle child when the older two are fighting. From the moment that Peyton was born, PJ has said that she would always protect her, and has done with her powers of molecular combustion first appearing when a demon tried to attack Peyton when PJ was five. However like most sisters, they do have their moments.
After the death of their parents, PJ promised Peyton that she would make everything better, though for a few weeks it was she that was leaning on Peyton for support while she tried to be strong for the rest of the family. PJ and Peyton have a lot of things in common with one another with them both sharing a similar personality type and are the most supportive of one another. They often use their powers hand in hand, with Peyton often dampening PJ's empathy, and PJ taking a more active role in protecting Peyton due to her limited active powers. It is also through Peyton that she learns about her love for Logan Sommers, as well as her past lives with the half-manticore.
- Prudence: Prudence is a feminine given name. The name is a Medieval form of the Latin Prudentia, meaning prudence, i.e. good judgment, cautious and intelligence. The usual diminutive or short form is Pru or Prue. These may also be short for the unrelated name Prunella, which means plum.
- Halliwell: Derived from any of the several places named with the Old English pre 7th Century elements "halig" meaning "holy", plus "well(a)", a well or spring. These places include Halliwell in Lancashire, recorded as Haliwell circa 1200; Holwell in Dorset and Oxfordshire appearing respectively as Halegewelle and Haliwelle in the Domesday Book of 1086; Halwell and Halwill in Devonshire, recorded as Halgewilla in 1086, and Holywell in Northumberland, Kent, Cambridgeshire and Cornwall.
- PJ is the firstborn daughter but third cousin to be born into the next Generation.
- PJ, like her younger cousin Melinda, was named in memory of her Aunt Prue, and her middle name Johanna, is derived from her Grams; maiden name Johnson.
- PJ, like her cousin Chris, is the only one of her sisters that was born in the hospital with her sister Parker being born in the Manor and Peyton at Charmed.
- PJ shares her Aunt Piper's powers, her mother's love life, and her Aunt Prue's name.
- Phoebe calls her "Ladybug".
- PJ is right handed.
- She was the first ever cupid-witch.
- PJ binge eats whenever she is stressed.
- She was born in mid 2007. Her parents mention that she was a honeymoon baby.
- PJ is described by Phoebe as having sandy brown hair and a cute little button nose.
- PJ used to go to a cheerleading club and a writer's club however she quit cheerleading after her parents died, and she originally wanted to become a writer.