"This is the way things are. It sucks, but I've just got to get used to it." Hal to Henry
Henry Allen "Hal" Mitchell Junior is the third son and fourth child of the Next Generation of Charmed witches as well as the firstborn son and child of Charmed One; Paige Matthews and mortal; Henry Mitchell. He is the older brother of the Mitchell twins; Trish and Kat Mitchell and the third nephew of Prue Trudeau, Piper Halliwell and Phoebe Halliwell.
Through the study of magic it is discovered that Hal is an guardian of good magic. He is seen to have a multitude of power though his active powers seem to be a little more active than he would prefer with his super strength and telekinesis. Like several of his cousins and the twins, Hal is a witchlighter having inherited his powers from his mother. Additionally, Hal possesses the basic powers of a witch; the ability to cast spells, brew potions, and scry for lost objects or people. Hal is a very determined young witch whom despite his troubles always fights for what he thinks is right.
At twelve years old, Hal, is currently in the Seventh Grade of Roosevelt Middle school and is involved in the more artist side of school such as the art program and is also on the baseball team. He is also considering looking into the career of an illustrator or some type of writer for creative stories.
Hal is a decedent of the Warren family line of witches dating back to Melinda Warren of the 16th Century.
Conceived after the Charmed Ones' battle with the Jenkins' sisters, Hal's birth, unlike his cousins, had not been prophesied with Paige having had no idea she was pregnant with him until her sister Phoebe confirmed that she was pregnant through Phoebe's own pregnancy with PJ and by that time Paige was already four months gone.
It is found that like Piper with Chris, Paige showed no extra abilities however unlike with Chris, Paige's powers did go a little haywire with her unable to orb at times and also with her confusing potions causing a lot of destruction in the Halliwell household as well as allowing Wyatt to become an expert with his powers to heal.
During the pregnancy, Paige found herself struggling a lot; both emotionally and physically; with her having to be constantly admitted to the hospital due to exhaustion and dehydration.
Emotionally Paige was blaming herself for Phoebe having to be admitted into hospital for high blood pressure with baby PJ, as well as dealing with her own issues regarding her own birth and later adoption which caused both Paige and Henry distress. In order to try and understand some thing, Paige created a spell to see what her life would have been like had she never been given up. The spell revealed that both Piper and Phoebe, Paige's sisters, were killed by the Source of all Evil with Phoebe having been drowned while at the camp, as Patty and Penny hadn't realized about the demon and that Piper had been killed by Cole Turner. Her sister Prue, the only survivor, other than herself, hated her as she blamed Paige and her Dad Sam, for her parents splitting up. Leo and Piper had never gotten together due to the Elders distrust after Patty and that Patty and Penny were had been killed in a demon attack. With Prue's reluctant help Paige managed to get back home and thanked her mother for giving her up as a baby.
After dealing with that, Paige took on a new leaf of life, and although the pregnancy took a bit out of her, she became revitalized learning that her life would have been a lot worse. It was also due to her pregnancy with Hal that Paige decided to take up her career as a social worker again, though with her saying a spell to have magic children sent to her. It was while setting up her new career that Paige went into labor.
Early Life Edit
Hal Mitchell, named for his father, was born May 2, 2007 to Warren witch and Charmed One; Paige Matthews and mortal Henry Mitchell at San Francisco Memorial hospital, born ten days after his older cousin; PJ. Like with PJ, Hal was adored by his older cousins Wyatt and Chris, and actually got his nickname "Hal" from Chris whom was unable to say Henry at the time. Within a month of his birth, Paige and Phoebe had a joint Wiccaning for PJ and him to celebrate their birth and was blessed by his Ancestors and due to his middle name "Allan" he is thought to possibly be Grams' favourite great-grandson.
Hal is pretty much the double of his father, despite him sharing his mother's personality.
- Hair: Hal's hairstyle is pretty much near the same as his cousin; Chris with the pair having the same dark brown locks, that they seem to switch between growing out and cutting, though the color of his Dad's Hal has recently began growing out his short, slightly spiked hair to make way for bangs which he started growing out after the death of his mother; Paige.
- Appearance: In terms of appearance, Hal is a handsome young man that could be considered as cute and puppy like which leads him to be bullied despite his tall height with Hal getting his 6' foot height from his Dad, as well as his well-built form. The pair share a pair of dark brown eyes that seem to change a little depending on their moods. Hal is also a perfect mix of both his cousins; Wyatt and Chris especially wit his defined and muscular body, and like all of the Halliwells is looking to get a tattoo or two.
- Wardrobe: Hal, in terms of fashion doesn't seem to have much of a fashion sense with him having a liking for dark clothing to the point that he is never seen without his black hoodies. He tends to dress casual though switches to dress nice only when he needs too, his dress sense is similar to his Dad's with the pair tending to wear t-shirts, jeans and a leather jacket with the only difference being Hal's love of hoodies and sneakers in comparison to his Dad's badge and boots. Hal also wears a leather bracelet with the Triquettra engraved onto it and a silver ring that had belonged to his maternal adopted Grandpa.
Hal is a sassy, spunky and brave young witch. He likes to face new things and always follows PJ around seeing her as a leader, but sometimes he is forced to follow the likes of his late Aunt Prue because of her intimidating temper. He is the demon hunting type and is both fearless and empathetic as well as being defensive and is said to be the double of his mother, Paige Matthews, in terms of personality with them both being stubborn, strong-willed and heavily sarcastic though getting to that age he has started to act out a little.
Like all the Halliwells, Hal is very protective of his family, and cares about them deeply and will not hesitate to harm anyone. He often tends to act on impulse rather then thinking a situation through, but despite this Hal can also be the peace-maker and referee between his sisters. He is incredibly athletic, despite not caring much for sports and cares for his family deeply. Hal is a very warm and trusting person, as well as showing some signs of obsessive-compulsive tendencies. He has also consistently shown himself to be a brave person, and often takes on difficult and dangerous tasks without complaint, as well as being extremely loyal to his friends and family.
Hal is kind and caring, especially to his closest friends, PJ and his sisters. He is also very honest as well. He is charming, laid-back, funny - at times, and friendly, and it has always been in his nature to look out for people. He is also known for having a moral compass, and a clear sense of right and wrong and when to go to his parents for help or work it out on his own. Hal has been known to follow the rules to a t, and doesn't like breaking them unless he absolutely has to.
Powers and Abilities Edit
Active Powers Edit
- Force Field: The ability to create a protective bubble of deflecting energy. Similar to his cousin Wyatt, this was the first ability that Hal ever used with him having the ability since he was about a year old. Unlike Wyatt's Hal's shield is an invisible force and is controlled by his mind. Over the years, he has practised and used this ability the most and has managed to put a force field around his entire house
- Telekinetic orbing: The ability to move or teleport objects through the use of orbs. Although he has this ability, Hal finds that he rarely uses it although he takes comfort in having the ability as it reminds him of his Mum. Despite not using the ability Hal has gotten quite proficient in using the ability and does so in a similar manner as Paige does with her own telekinetic orbing.
- Premonition: The ability to see and experience events from the past, present and future. As one of the first abilities that Hal had gained access to he has found to have a lot of control over his visions, and can occasionally force a vision when the need arises however when he first received the ability when he was four years old the visions would scare him with his Aunt Phoebe guessing the power and helping him to slowly gain control over the ability yet he is still freaked out especially about visions of his death.
- Empathy: The ability to feel, sense and understand other people's feelings and emotions. Having inherited this gift from his Aunt Phoebe he has shown to have a lot of promise with this ability and is one of several cousins with the ability. However he has shown to be quite skilled with this ability and spends a lot of time trying to help and teach his cousin PJ in using the ability.
- Super Strength: The ability to possess strength far greater than average humans. Unlike his relatives with this ability, super strength came a little more naturally with Hal with him first developing the power when he was fifteen, and can be liked to his enhanced combat abilities however during a magic black out in San Francisco, Hal was one of the few people not to want his abilities back, especially his super strength as he has caused some problems with the ability on occasion.
- Enhanced Combat: The ability to possess superhuman levels of hand-to-hand fighting skills. Although initially trained how to fight by his Dad, Aunt Phoebe and Uncle Charlie, Hal is found to have developed this ability though it is unknown whether by the Halliwells, if this is a Wiccan ability or if its a result of being the Heir to Excalibur. Yet he is well known for being the best fighter in his whole family and is the assistant teacher of self-defence at Magic school. This is also one of the only abilities that Hal still has access to in a non-magic world.
Whitelighter Powers Edit
- Orbing: The ability to teleport oneself from one place to another with the use of orbs. Due to being part-whitelighter, Hal can naturally orb, and is able to go anywhere including places he has never been before. He is able to remote orb people form one place to another and is one of his more active abilities.
- Healing: The ability to heal the injuries and wounds of others. Due to being part-whitelighter, Hal is able to heal, although his ability is a little slower than most of the healers with him having a similar experience to his mother's healing history however he does eventually learn.
- Sensing: The ability to locate charges as well as the family. Due to being part-whitelighter, Hal is able to sense people, and due to his psychic powers has a lot of skills with his sensing abilities though it is unknown whether or not he can sense both Chris and Parker whom have impressive cloaking skills.
- Cloaking: The ability to hide yourself or someone magically from others. Due to being part-whitelighter, Hal has the ability to cloak himself and although he can cloak himself he does struggle a little with this ability on occasion and has been discovered a few times as a result of his cloaking abilities.
- Glamouring: The ability to change one's appearance into the form of another. Due to being part-whitelighter, Hal has the ability to glamour his appearance and is one of the only Halliwell cousins to have full use and skill with this ability having been taught by his mother; Paige.
Basic Powers Edit
- Spell Casting: The ability to cast spells and perform rituals. As a witch, Hal naturally has this ability and seems to have a natural ease with spells stemming from his Aunt Phoebe's teachings. He is known for being the spell caster between PJ and him, as well as including a few in the family Book of Shadows.
- Potion Making: The ability to brew potions. As a witch, Hal naturally has this ability and though his main skills are in spells he has shown to be very creative in his potions and has managed to improve on some of his mother Paige's best potions, though he refers to PJ for potions when with her.
- Scrying: The ability to locate another person or object via a crystal and a map. As a witch, Hal naturally has this ability, and even uses Billie's computerised version of scrying.
- Mediumship: The ability to see and commune with spirits of the dead. As a witch, Hal naturally has this ability, and is able to often summon his Grandmother, and his Grams from the dead.
Other Powers Edit
- Power of Twelve: As the son of the Charmed Ones', Hal has a unique connection with his cousins, with them being able to sense each other, and each have a limited form of telepathy.
- Excalibur: Although originally believed to be his cousin Wyatt, Hal is discovered to be the real heir to Excalibur and that Wyatt was intended to pass the sword onto him. Hal has shown to be highly skilled with the sword with an inherit knowledge of fighting although he rarely uses Excalibur unless he feels that it is his only option.
- High Resistance: The ability to be more resilient to powers that could be potentially lethal.
- Temporary Powers: As a witch and son of a Charmed One, Hal has temporarily been able to use abilities not belonging to them, due to either a spell or a transformation.
Professional Life Edit
- School Student: Hal was a student at Washington High school, and is known for being one of the creative students with his love of art, and has shown to have quite the capabilities although he struggles to put them into practice, though it is soon found that Hal has dyslexia. Like the other Halliwells, Hal took part in a lot of extra curricular activities with him being apart of the school art program and the baseball team. Due to his struggling grades, his teachers suggested him repeating a grade however Paige and PJ fought this.
- Teaching Assistant: Similar to Parker, Hal had a lot of confusion over what he wanted to do with his life after high school and was offered a temporary assistant teaching job at Magic school by his Uncle Leo, and it was during that time that Hal seemed to find his place in the world with him getting involved in training young witches to fight and defend themselves as well as taking on some power classes. Leo later offered Hal a permanent teaching job on the guidelines that he went to college to study, and is now working part-time at magic school and studying the other half of the time.
- College Student: Similar to his older cousin Chris and his mother Paige, Hal has found himself a student of Berkeley University with him having mostly gained entrance due to an impressive student essay and managed to gain a partial scholarship due to his artistic side, with him studying Education, with a second degree in art. However Hal has found himself having a different experience in college than he had when he was in school with him separating his life with PJ and his high school struggles.
PJ is Hal's maternal cousin through their mothers, and despite being cousins, have always been raised together and as best friends especially due to the sixteen day difference between the two. After the Charmed Ones were killed, they stuck even closer with one another, and were even closer during supernatural activities with the pair working had to keep each other and their loved ones safe. Although they were sometimes led apart, they still retained their closeness bordering on sibling hood with the pair willing to risk almost anything to save one another with a bond that no one could break.
The pair share a lot of similarities other than being in the same grade and age especially after the deaths; with both their mothers being dead, as well as being the older sibling of two younger sisters and are now even in the same class in school, in which PJ helps to tutor the younger. Though that doesn't mean that Hal and PJ don't fight with them both disagreeing on the ways of getting through to PJ's sister; Parker, as well as PJ's over-protectiveness for him while at school while Hal was being bullied.
Trish and Kat Mitchell Edit
Trish and Kat are Hal's younger twin sisters. Growing up, Hal always struggled to have a relationship with the pair as the twins tended to run off and do their own thing leaving him with one of his cousins or his parents however as he got older he started to develop a relationship to each of the twins individually although like most siblings they do fight and have been well known for some of their issues especially between Hal and Kat who seem to fight the most out of the three siblings especially as Hal has a slight inferiority complex with the pair in the power department.
Despite their arguments Hal knows that he will always be there for the twins and that no matter what is going on in his life he will always have their back and be on the side even if he himself believes them to be wrong. Individually Hal tends to spend more of his time with Trish as they both appear to be on the same wavelength and it is through Trish that Hal decides what he wants to do with his life, however he will spend a lot of his time with Kat and the pair seem to get closer and more understanding with the older that they get, though he does spend most of his time trying to get her out of trouble
- Henry: Henry is an English male given name and surname derived from Old FrenchHenri/Henry, itself derived from the Middle High German name Heinrich, from Old High German Haimirich (from haim- "home" and rich "ruler"), which was conflated with the name Haginrich (from hagin "enclosure" and rich "ruler").
- Mitchell: Mitchell or Mitchel is an English and Scottish surname with two etymological origins. In some cases the name is derived from the Middle English and Old French (and Norman French) name Michel, a vernacular form of the name Michael. The personal name Michael is ultimately derived from a Hebrew name, meaning "Who is like God". In other cases the surname Mitchell is derived from the Middle English (Saxon and Anglian) words michel, mechel, and muchel, meaning "big". In some cases, the surname Mitchell was adopted as an equivalent of Mulvihill; this English-language surname is derived from the Irish-language Ó Maoil Mhichíl, meaning "descendant of the devotee of St. Michael"
- Hal is the second youngest male and the fourth cousin born into the next Generation.
- Hal was named after his father; Henry Mitchell and was also named after his biological great-grandpa; Allen Halliwell, having gotten his middle name from Paige having bonded with her grandfather.
- Hal was given his nickname when he was seven, although his mom still calls him 'Henry' sometimes.
- Hal has a lot of similarities with his mother;
- Both Hal and Paige are known for being the artists in the family.
- Both studied at Berkeley University with Paige studying social work, and Hal studying education.
- They both have a history with vampires with both having dated at least one vampire.
- Hal was trained in being a hunter by his Uncle Charlie DeLuca.
- Hal adopted a police dog; Shep when he was seven, but the dog was given away when he was ten