"Everyone needs to find a way to deal with their dark side. Some people meditate. I became a vampire hunter." - Charlie to Billie.
Charles Salvatore "Charlie" DeLuca is the husband of Billie Jenkins and the father of Connor, Christa, Claire, and CJ Jenkins, as well as a family friend of the Charmed Ones. He is also a family friend of the Halliwell family.
Though he is not a witch, Charlie comes from a long line of Supernatural hunters, dating back to the 1600s, though back then it was under the name DeLuca and they hunted anything and everything, however in the last hundred years, Charlie's family has begun hunting under a new motto; hunting only what needs to be hunted, which despite being witches he has passed down to his own children.
Charlie works as a high school supply teacher at Washington High school teaching history and occult. Though he has a history of working as a teacher from high school to college and has even done a stint working at Magic school with Leo.
Charlie is a descendent of the DeLuca line of Hunters, and through his marriage the Jenkins' line of witches.
Early Life Edit
Charlie DeLuca was born in Boston Massachusetts to a pair of hunters; Zachariah Huntley and Cecilia DeLuca around 1979. As a child he was given a normal childhood, and spent a lot of his younger years growing up in Sicily, Italy with his grandmother which was where his mother was born, and at six, he became a big brother to his sister; Lucia Claire DeLuca.
At thirteen, per the family tradition, Charlie returned to Boston and was inducted into the DeLuca family tradition with him being trained by his mother to become a hunter. He went cross-country hunting with his parents and learning nearly everything about his family history. However he began to hate his lifestyle and wanted to do something else with his life, and at eighteen had applied to several universities against his family's wishes. Within a year Charlie was living on his own in Richmond, Virginia, and studying teaching, History and occult studies at Richmond University.
Birth of Connor Jenkins Edit
In 2009, eight months after their marriage, Charlie was overjoyed when he found out that Billie was pregnant, though he did feel terrified about having his first child, especially with Billie being a witch and the possibility that their child could also be a witch, though he was more concerned about Billie's fears and tried to convince her that whether their child was magical or not they would still be loved and could be trained up as a hunter, as he was trained by his mother and grandmother.
It was during this time that the pair discovered that their child would be a baby boy. The pair had decided on naming the baby with a "C" name, as his wife didn't want their baby to be brushed with the same history as her family had, but were unsure of what to name their little boy. The baby was born August 6, 2009, at San Francisco Memorial hospital and on the day of his birth the pair had decided to name their son Connor Salvatore DeLuca-Jenkins.
Birth of Christa and Claire Jenkins Edit
In 2011, Charlie found out that his wife was pregnant again, though at the time he was struggling a little with the death of his Grandmother, though he later came round to the idea. Charlie was both overjoyed and terrified when he found out that they were having a baby girl, excited after everything with Lucia and yet terrified that she would be like Lucia as well.
On June 28, 2011, Charlie almost missed Billie giving birth to their daughter at San Francisco Memorial Hospital, and the pair named her Christy Helen Jenkins, after Billie's mother and sister and nicknamed her Christa. Twelve hours after giving birth to Christa, Billie was released from the hospital and spending time with the sisters when she went into a surprise labour with Paige telling her it looked like twins. Again like with their elder daughter, Charlie was nearly late and at exactly 12pm, she finally gave birth to a second daughter, unlike with Christa and Connor, it took the pair a week to name her and finally decided on Claire Penelope DeLuca-Jenkins.
Birth of CJ Jenkins Edit
In 2012, Charlie and Billie got pregnant again, though after previously giving birth to a set of twins,he was, like her, terrified of having another set of twins, though it was mostly because he was afraid that he couldn't love another child like he loves Connor and the twins, though unlike Billie and with the rest of his kids, he was afraid of the baby becoming a witch as he had seen everything that had happened with the others, however he was soon found to be wrong when the baby caused Billie to receive a premonition; letting them know that he was a boy and a witch.
Unlike with her previous son, Billie seemed to know that she was going to look into naming her baby after her father in a way with Charlie and her deciding on Carl Zachariah DeLuca-Jenkins, and CJ for short as not to mix the baby up from her father and his legacy. The pregnancy with CJ seemed to be hard going on her as she struggled a lot with reality as well as dealing with the new abilities of both her firstborn and with her pregnancy. Yet on the October 20, 2012, she became the mother of thankfully a forth child.
Charlie is a very handsome man and seems ageless despite his forty years.
- Hair: Charlie has short, close-cropped brown hair that is gelled on the top. Growing up he was always known for having longish curly blonde hair and has a similar hairstyle as his son had had, though as he grew older he grew more accustomed to a shorter hairstyle.
- Appearance: In terms of appearance, Charlie can be described as tall, about 6'2" in height, the same size as his eldest son as an adult, with an athletic build. He has a pair of deep-set dark blue eyes. He has tanned skin with an Italian heritage despite his blue eyes and blondish brown hair. In his family it is his eldest son that has taken the most after him.
- Wardrobe: Charlie has a typical style for clothing and is always seen wearing casual clothing no matter the occasion, and especially when he is at work. He wears often casual clothing, T-shirts, button downs, jackets, jeans, etc. He mostly wears dark colours, but occasionally wears brighter ones such as pink or white shirts, and he also wears a protection amulet. In his life he has only dressed up a handful of times.
When Charlie first came on the scene he was a mysterious man who seemed to be both warm and friendly. He is a man that often gives second chances and was quick to develop a bonding relationship with Billie Jenkins, and later with the Charmed Ones. However, this facade showed a darker side, one tinged with guilt and grief, mostly because of the deaths of his sister and parents, and a fierce dedication to avenge them. He proved to be an intelligent and talented hunter of the supernatural, shown by his skills against the supernatural. Though, he was also stubborn which his kids seemed to have inherited.
After developing a relationship with Billie, he started to warm up to the others and formed a best friend relationship Henry Mitchell, and was found to also be great with kids, which was shown by the way he treated Wyatt and Chris when Billie babysat them, and later with his own children. However he began to struggle a bit after his Grandmother died, falling into a state of depression and drinking, though things changed after he found out about the twins.
After the Charmed Ones died, Charlie tried his best to help Henry, Victor, and Billie with taking care of the Halliwell cousins, but felt like he wasn't doing things right. He is always there for the cousins, and even teaches PJ and Hal to fight like hunters when PJ asked for his help.
Powers and Abilities Edit
As a human, Charlie possesses no supernatural powers, however he does possess some skills as he has been trained to hunt the supernatural by the DeLuca Hunters.
- Skilled Hunter: As a DeLuca Hunter, Charlie is highly skilled for his knowledge in the migration patterns and habits of animals, humans, and supernatural creatures. He can expertly tell some supernatural creatures with others depending on their patterns, and has been said to be just as skilled as Billie and the Charmed Ones, when it comes to the supernatural.
- Skilled Combatant: As a DeLuca Hunter, Charlie was trained vigorously in close-quarters combat and martial arts, which trains him to fight, even without a weapon. He has managed to keep up with the skills of Phoebe Halliwell, and has begun training in other forms of fighting tactics.
- Weapon Training: As a DeLuca Hunter, Charlie has been trained in the use of guns, bows, stakes, swords, daggers, and chained weapons, and has a stake launcher and arm cuff stake, and is able to identify a magnitude of different weapons, as well as to assemble and disassemble more complicated weapons, as well as use all of the weapons expertly; and has some skill when ill.
- First Aid Training: As a DeLuca Hunter, Charlie has been trained in first aid, and some surgical skills with him being able to stitch people up and has been credited by Leo Wyatt, for his skills. Charlie occasionally uses his skills whenever a whitelighter is unavailable.
Professional Life Edit
- DeLuca Hunter: At the age of thirteen, Charlie began his training as a DeLuca Hunter and was trained by his parents to hunt with him learning everything and anything he could. He was a hunter up until he graduated from high school, and then left the family business to go to college. After the death of his sister, Charlie re-started his career as a hunter and had begun travelling around again. Charlie later took a short break when he met Billie Jenkins, and has since only left San Francisco a couple of times to hunt.
- College Student: After leaving his family to go to college, Charlie started studying History and the Occult at Richmond University, despite no longer being a hunter he still felt drawn to that world. During his second year he almost dropped out, not wanting to stay away from his family, however after a short hunting stint, he returned to college and began studying teaching. Charlie began work as a student teacher, and had later graduated with honours with three degrees in History, Occult History and Teaching.
- Supply Teacher: After the death of his sister; Lucia, Charlie quit his full time job as a teacher and became a supply teacher working where ever he could find work so that he could so that he could also become a hunter again, and has been working as a supply teacher ever since. When he met Billie, however, he decided to stay in San Francisco and has become a near permanent staff member of Washington High school, the same school his nephews were attending, and has also taught classes and Billie's old college.
- Magic School: Charlie began working temporarily as a teacher at Magic school, after finding out that Billie and the Charmed Ones' were witches, and had begun teaching defence as well as Occult History. He has found that whenever he doesn't have a class or a hunt then he spends his time either at Magic school or with his family. Charlie has spent a good amount of his time teaching extra credit classes in defence.
Romantic Life Edit
Billie Jenkins Edit
Billie is the love of Charlie's life. They fell for each other and always spent their free time with each other. He felt that her life as a witch is the best thing about her and that they may have been destined to be with one another. Charlie met Billie after the death of her sister, with him still grieving for the death of his own sister, though the two were constantly fighting with one another. Unbeknown to them Phoebe and Coop had told Leo that he was Billie's true love and soul mate in order for them not to separated. Over the year the two continued to fight though he was the one that convinced Billie to return to college.
Over the year, Charlie found himself unable to leave San Francisco and was later reunited with Billie when she returned to Magic school to spend time with him, which led to the two to finally begin dating, with them having their first date at P3. However like with most relationships, Charlie and Billie have had their struggles, and differences of opinions especially with him being a hunter and Billie being a witch.
Despite their differences, Charlie soon got engaged to Billie, and on Christmas Day 2008, the two got married with Henry Mitchell as his best man. By 2009, Charlie found himself becoming a father to his first child; Connor with Billie, and through their marriage he has went on to having three other children; Christa, Claire and CJ. It was later revealed to Charlie by his niece Peyton Halliwell, that Billie was his soul mate, and that Phoebe, Leo and Coop already knew this.
Other Relationships Edit
- Other than his relationship with Billie Jenkins, not much is known about Charlie's previous relationships.
- Charlie is Paige Matthews' charge, with him being a future whitelighter.